A8 PALACE HOTEL ZRT.
Address: 1023 Budapest, Vérhalom u. 12-16. I. ép.
Tax number: 24671330-2-41
Company registration number: 01-10-047811
2. General provisions
2.1.The General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the GTC) summarise the contractual content on the basis of which the Hotel Moments **** (address: 1061 Budapest, Andrássy út 8.), operated by the Service Provider, concludes a contract with its Guests for the use of its accommodation and services.
2.2 Special, individual terms and conditions do not form part of these GTC, but do not preclude the conclusion of separate agreements with travel agents, organisers with different terms and conditions according to the type of business.
By concluding the contract, the Guest acknowledges the terms and conditions of these GTC and, unless otherwise agreed on by the Parties, they shall prevail.
3. Contracting parties
3.1 The services provided by the Service Provider are used by the Guest.
3.2 If the order for services is placed directly by the Guest to the Service Provider, the Guest is the Contracting Party. The Service Provider and the Guest shall jointly and severally become contracting parties (hereinafter referred to as the “Parties”), provided that the conditions are fulfilled.
3.3 If the order for the services is placed by a third party (hereinafter referred to as the “Intermediary”) on behalf of the Guest, the terms of cooperation shall be governed by the contract concluded between the Service Provider and the Intermediary. In this case, the Service Provider shall not be obliged to verify whether the third party legally represents the Guest.
3.4 In accordance with the legal requirements of the activity (public support for the development of tourist areas Act CLVI of 2016 on State Duties Pertaining to the Development of Tourism Regions), the Service Provider can only provide the services if the Guest provides the Service Provider with his/her name and address and the data in accordance with the current regulations (e.g.: presentation of ID, birth data, etc.) before using the service.
4. How and under what conditions to use the service
4.1 The Service Provider shall send a written offer to the Guest's request for an offer sent orally or in writing. If no specific order is received within 72 hours of the offer being sent, or in the case of a request for a reservation within 24 hours prior to receipt with a short deadline, the Service Provider shall no longer be bound by the offer.
4.2.The Contract shall be deemed to have been concluded upon written confirmation of the Guest's written or oral reservation by the Service Provider, and shall therefore be deemed to be a written Contract
A reservation, agreement, modification or oral confirmation of a reservation, agreement or modification made orally by the Service Provider shall not be deemed to be a Contract
4.3 The Accommodation Service Contract is for a fixed term.
● If the Guest leaves the hotel permanently before the end of the specified period, the Service Provider is entitled to the full price of the service provided for in the Contract. The Service Provider is entitled to resell the room vacated before the expiry date.
● Any extension of the accommodation service initiated by the Guest requires the prior consent of the Service Provider. In this case, the Service Provider may request reimbursement of the service already provided.
4.4 Any amendment and/or addition to the Contract shall require the written agreement of the Parties.
5. Cancellation conditions
5.1 Cancellation of the accommodation service without penalty is possible under the conditions set out in the written confirmation of the Service Provider.
● If the Contracting Party has not secured the use of the accommodation services by advance payment, credit card guarantee or other means provided for in the Contract, the Service Provider's obligation to provide the services shall cease after the time specified in the offer.
● In the event of cancellation after the deadline or failure to cancel, the hotel may charge a penalty for the services ordered.
● A reservation is considered guaranteed if it is secured by a credit card or a deposit.
● If the Contracting Party has secured the use of the accommodation services by advance payment, credit card guarantee or other means provided for in the Contract, the Service Provider shall reserve the accommodation for the Contracting Party until 12:00 noon on the day following the day of arrival, after which the Service Provider's obligation to provide the service shall cease (no-show).
5.2 In the case of booking products subject to special conditions, group travel or events, the Service Provider shall establish different terms and conditions from the above, which shall be set out in an individual Contract.
5.3.Refund: In the event of cancellation of the service by the Contracting Party in time, the Service Provider shall refund the amount of the deposit paid in accordance with the cancellation conditions by bank transfer or to the credit card used for payment. The Service Provider has 30 days to execute the refund.
6.1 The Rack Rate of the hotel operated by the Service Provider will be displayed in the hotel room or at the hotel reception. Price lists for other services are available in the room and in the guest directory.
6.2 The Service Provider is free to change its advertised prices without prior notice. If the Guest has booked accommodation and this has been confirmed in writing by the Service Provider, the Service Provider may no longer change this accommodation price.
6.3 When communicating the prices, the Service Provider shall indicate the rate of the tax content of the prices (VAT, Occupancy Tax (IFA)) applicable at the time of the offer, as regulated by law. The Service Provider shall, upon prior notice, pass on to the Contracting Party any additional costs resulting from changes in the applicable tax law (VAT, Occupancy Tax (IFA)).
6.4. Current discounts, promotions, other offers will be announced on vinifera.hu, our newsletters (if subscribed) and other online platforms.
6.5 The advertised discounts cannot be combined with any other discounts.
6.6 In the case of reservations of products subject to special conditions, group bookings or events, the Service Provider shall lay down the following conditions in an individual contract
7. Family discounts
For children 0-5.99 years old, accommodation and breakfast is free of charge when sharing a room with parents. If the child is between 6 and 11.99 years old, accommodation and breakfast has surcharge for the child of 15 EUR/day, if the child is sharing a room with the parents.. If the child is over 12 years of age, the adult rate is payable for breakfast when sharing room with parents.
8. Method of payment, guarantee
8.1 The Service Provider shall claim the payment for the services provided to the Contracting Party at the latest after the use of the services, before the departure from the hotel, but may also provide the possibility of subsequent payment within the framework of an individual agreement.
8.2.The Service Provider may request a credit card guarantee to guarantee the use of the service in accordance with the Contract and the payment of the consideration; in this case, the consideration for the ordered and confirmed service is blocked on the credit card, and the Service Provider may request an advance payment for part or the entire amount of the amount to be paid.
8.3 The invoice of the Contracting Party shall be issued in Hungarian Forint and may be settled in HUF or in Euro. In this case, the amount in Euro shall be determined at the foreign exchange selling rate of the Service Provider's account-holding bank on the day of the Guest's travel. In the case of cash payment in Euro, the Service Provider may settle any outstanding amount in HUF. If the total amount of the invoice exceeds HUF 1.5 (one and a half) million, the Service Provider may refuse to make the cash payment.
The Service Provider accepts cashless payment instruments (credit card, Széchenyi Pihenő Card, and on the basis of a separate contract; gift voucher, voucher, etc.), the current list of which is available to the Contracting Party upon request. In the case of a reservation, the Contracting Party is advised to clarify the possibility of payment by the chosen cashless payment method.
8.4 Any costs related to the use of any payment method charged by the Contracting Party's institution shall be charged to the Contracting Party or its SZÉP card/credit card.
9. Conditions for use of service
9.1 The Guest may check-in to the hotel room from 2:00 pm on the day of arrival and check-out from the hotel room by 11:00am on the last day of stay, unless the Service Provider does allow the Contracting Party to check-in earlier (Early check-in) or check-out later (Late check-out) after prior agreement. The fees for early check-in and late check-out are included in the current price list.
9.2 If the Guest wishes to occupy the room before 8:00 am on the day of arrival, the Guest must pay the Service Provider the price of the previous night.
10. Digital document scanner and VIZA system
According to the law in force, check-in and room reservation are subject to the presentation of photo identification (ID card, card-type driving licence or passport) at the reception desk upon arrival or to the hotel's digital document scanner upon arrival. Photo identification is required upon arrival for all guests, including children under 14 years of age from the 31st of December 2023.
According to the legislation in force, if the guest does not provide an identification document upon arrival, the hotel is to refuse to provide accommodation. The hotel will be obliged to transfer data to the Guest Information Closed Database (VIZA) from the 1st of September 2021.
In the event of a denied stay under the law, the hotel shall be entitled to claim payment of the deposit, cancellation or amendment amount indicated in the booking confirmation, and shall be entitled to charge the full amount as a penalty.
11.1 Pets are allowed in the accommodation of the Service Provider after prior agreement, they may be kept in the hotel room under the supervision of the Guest, they may use the common areas for access to the rooms, they cannot visit other areas (Wellness etc.) or only to a limited extent (restaurant). The extra charge for pets is 40 EUR/room/pet/night.
11.2.The Guest is fully responsible for any damage caused by the pet, which he/she is obliged to compensate to the Service Provider before departure. The Service Provider shall be entitled to charge a cleaning surcharge if the room has not been used as intended. The maximum cleaning surcharge is HUF 30,000 (thirty thousand).
If a device/object becomes unusable, the Contracting Party shall pay the current purchase price. If the Contracting Party fails to report this at the time of travel and the damage can be proven to have been caused by the Contracting Party, the Service Provider shall be entitled to charge the Contracting Party's credit card.
12. Repudiation of the contract, termination of the obligation to provide services
12.1 The Service Provider shall be entitled to terminate the Accommodation Service Contract with immediate effect, and thus refuse to provide the services, if:
● the Guest does not make proper use of the room or facilities provided
● the Guest behaves in a manner that is inappropriate, rude, abusive, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, threatening, abusive or otherwise unacceptable to the security, orderliness or staff of the accommodation
● the Guest is suffering from a contagious disease.
● the Contracting Party fails to fulfill its obligation to make the advance payment provided for in the Contract by the specified date
● The Guest does not allow his/her documents to be scanned at check-in or refuses to complete the check-in form
12.2 If the contract between the Parties is not fulfilled for reasons of "Vis major", the contract shall be terminated and the Service Provider will not bear the costs of accommodation for individual bookings (up to 5 rooms), the Guest will be reimbursed. Other costs (e.g. catering, accommodation, etc.) raw materials), the Service Provider shall be entitled to charge the Guest for any other expenses. In the case of group bookings, the "vis major" is provided for in the group contract.
13. Placement guarantee
13.1 If the Service Provider's hotel is unable to provide the services provided for in the Contract due to its own fault (e.g. overbooking, temporary operational problems, etc.), the Service Provider shall immediately arrange accommodation for the Guest.
13.2 The Service Provider shall:
● provide/offer the services provided for in the Contract, at the price confirmed therein, for the period specified therein or until the impediment ceases, in another accommodation. All additional costs of providing the alternative accommodation shall be borne by the Service Provider.
● provide the Guest with a free telephone call once to inform him/her of a change of accommodation
● provide the Guest with a free transfer to the offered alternative accommodation, and any subsequent return transfer back
13.3 If the Service Provider fully complies with these obligations, or if the Guest has accepted the substitute accommodation offered to him/her, the Contracting Party may not claim any subsequent compensation.
14. Illness or death of the guest
14.1 If the Guest falls ill during the period of using the accommodation service and is unable to act in his/her own interest, the Service Provider will offer medical assistance. The cost of the servce shall be paid by the Guest who will decide about ordering the service or not.
14.2 In the event of the illness/death of the Guest, the Service Provider shall claim compensation from the relatives, heirs or bill payers of the sick/deceased person for any medical and procedural expenses, the value of services used prior to the death, and any damage to equipment and furnishings caused by the illness/death.
15. Rights of the Contracting Party
15.1 Under the Contract, the Guest is entitled to the use of the room ordered and the facilities of the accommodation for the purpose intended, which are included in the normal scope of services and are not subject to special conditions.
15.2. The Guest may lodge a complaint about the performance of the services provided by the Service Provider during the stay. During this period, the Service Provider undertakes to deal with any complaint submitted to it (or recorded by it) with written proof.
15.3 The Guest's right to lodge a complaint shall cease after departure from the accommodation.
16. Obligations of the Contracting Party
16.1 The Contracting Party shall pay the consideration for the services ordered in the Contract by the date and in the manner specified in the Contract.
16.2.The Guest shall ensure that any child under the age of 18 who is under the responsibility of the Guest shall be under the supervision of an adult only, and the parent shall be fully liable for any damage caused by the child. The sauna in the Wellness area of the hotel is not accessible to children for health reasons. Parents are responsible for the supervision of children in the entire accommodation area, but especially in the Wellness area.
17. Liability of the Contracting Party for damages
The Guest shall be liable for all damages and losses suffered by the Service Provider or third parties due to the fault of the Guest or his/her companion or other persons under his/her responsibility. The Guest shall be liable to pay the Service Provider for any damage caused by the Guest. This liability shall also apply if the injured party is entitled to claim compensation for his/her damage directly from the Service Provider.
18. Liability of the Service Provider for damages
18.1 The Service Provider shall be liable for any damage caused to the Guest within its facilities which can be proven to have been caused by the fault of the Service Provider or its employees.
● The Service Provider shall not be liable for damage caused by an unavoidable cause beyond the control of the Service Provider's employees and guests, or caused by the guest himself.
● The Service Provider may designate areas in the hotel where the Guest is not allowed to enter. The Service Provider shall not be liable for any damage or injury caused in such areas.
● The spa area of the hotel can be used at the Guest's own risk. There is